Tuesday, December 28, 2021

The World Doesn't Need...

It's been... nearly 6 years since I last posted. A lot has sure changed since then, in my own world and in the world around us. And while I've written plenty of blog posts in Word Docs on my computer, I've been feeling the itch to start posting again. I'm choosing to stay on the same platform since the posts that come before this shaped my journey and made this blog - and this marriage, and family - possible. But the more I think about writing in a way that others can see, the more I realize...

The world doesn’t need another mommy blog. It doesn’t need another picture perfect home displayed, despite me wishing mine was just that at times. It doesn’t need more opportunity for comparison, or feeling like I’m not enough, or that everyone’s got this figured out and down pat besides me.
 
It doesn’t need me. It needs Jesus. I need more of Jesus. And incidentally, the way I tend to focus my heart and mind and thoughts and reframe my life to be more like Him is through writing.
 
So here I am. I welcome you to follow me on this journey of story-writing my days, my faith journey that often lacks faith. Or don't... I’m really ok with that. Or trying to be.
 
We don’t need more tips and tricks (unless you know how to get distracted preschoolers to eat… more than one bite every 10 mins…), and it doesn’t need more of “me” and my stuff and my ideas. But it sure does need Jesus. And if something I write happens to bless you in your own journey, I’m thankful that God has chosen to use this exhausted language-lost mama for His glory in some small way.

No comments:

Post a Comment